Scallops are a fairly recent addition to my diet, as the often hefty price tag has put me off in the past. But after trying them for a book review a few months ago, I am now more than happy to grab them up for a special occasion or any time they’re on sale!
There’s no other seafood like them, and if you aren’t a fan of the taste of fish, this is the omega 3-packed entree for you. They have a very mild flavor, almost like chicken, are easy to make, and need only the bare minimum of seasonings. You can also grill these if you prefer or wrap them in strips of bacon instead of using bacon fat!
- 12 scallops
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Combine the scallops with the fat, garlic, and onion and coat well.
- Arrange in a single layer in a large baking dish and broil for 10 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Flip and broil another 4 minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.