Author: Christina Feindel
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- Cook the bacon in a stock pot over medium heat until crispy, then remove it from the pan, leaving the bacon fat behind.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth and celeriac and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes or until the celeriac is tender.
- Add the kale and coconut milk and cook until the kale wilts.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.
Recipe by Autoimmune Wellness at http://autoimmunewellness.com/zuppa-toscana/