Raw Coconut Macaroons with "Chocolate" Ganache
Recipe type: Dessert
- In a pan on medium heat, mix together the coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatin. Mix well with a whisk, making sure there is no clump.
- Immediately add the shredded coconut. Mix well again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon to scoop out small portions of the coconut mixture to form little mounds, line the macaroons on the parchment paper. Leave a 1-inch space around each macaroon.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache while the macaroons are setting.
- In a small pan on medium heat, mix together the coconut milk, maple syrup, and carob powder.
- Now comes the best part of the recipe! Drizzle a small amount of chocolate ganache over each macaroons.
- Place the tray of chocolate covered macaroons in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled with a nice cup of tea.
- Bon appétit!
Recipe by Autoimmune Wellness at http://autoimmunewellness.com/raw-coconut-macaroons-with-chocolate-ganache/