Author: Angie Alt
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ½ cup cold leaf lard (snow white, odorless lard best for pastries)
- 4 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place flour and lard in food processor. Pulse until crumbs form.
- Add water and maple syrup, pulse until a ball forms.
- Place four small tart pans on a baking sheet. Divide dough into four balls.
- Use fingers or a tart tamper to mold dough into tart pans. Prick dough all over with fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
Recipe by Autoimmune Wellness at http://autoimmunewellness.com/sweet-potato-tarts-with-caramel-drizzle-and-sea-salt/