This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
As we head towards summer, I am looking forward to sharing more salads and grilling recipes. Not that I am sick of soups and stews, but in Seattle, it seems like it is “soup weather” all but a couple of months out of the year. After a long winter of avoiding the wilted and long-traveled lettuces at the grocery store, I now have steady supply of vibrant, fresh greens from either the garden or farmer’s market. I am a true salad lover, and nothing makes me so happy as a fresh greens!
My roommate Jane came up with this beautiful tropical salad for a BBQ we had at our house last weekend. The salty cinnamon-lime dressing pairs perfectly with the mango and coconut. It is more on the sweet side than an everyday salad, but it is definitely a crowd pleaser. It would be a perfect addition to a potluck or for a summer BBQ.
- For the Salad:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 small mangoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup thick coconut flakes
- 1-2 avocadoes, cut into large chunks
- For the Cinnamon-Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger powder
- Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl except for the coconut chips and avocado.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add to the salad and toss to combine. Garnish with coconut flakes and avocado chunks.