This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
As you know, organ meat (a.k.a. offal) is a crucial component of the Autoimmune Protocol. The AIP is just as much about removing inflammatory foods as it is about adding gut-healing foods.
Regardless of your current state of health, eating organ meat is a good idea for so many reasons:
- It respects the whole animal.
- It’s cost effective.
- It provides exponentially more nutrients than eating muscle meat.
- It promotes the health of the GI tract, skin, hair, bones, and all of the body’s connective tissue.
- It offers the most concentrated source of just about every nutrient, including important vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and essential amino acids.
Of course, knowing this and being motivated to actually eat it are two different things. It takes creative recipes and inspiring role models to make organ meat part of the meal rotation, and we’re thrilled that Gabriella Schneider of Beyond the Bite is stepping up to the plate!
Her new ebook Organ Meat Makeover is the first of its kind in the AIP world, and is so needed! It’s for anyone who’s ever been afraid to try organ meat, or has convinced themselves it will never taste good. (Spoiler: It will.)
Here are a few reasons we love this ebook:
- It’s doable food! Gabriella admits that living with Lyme disease means “there are many days where mustering up the energy to cook can be difficult.” For this reason, she’s only included recipes in her book that she actually makes. No exotic, “who-actually-eats-like-this?” dishes here.
- Most recipes are low-FODMAP, low-histamine and ketogenic, in addition to being 100% AIP. For those with additional sensitivities and restrictions, this book is ideal.
- It’s a great starting place. Regarding that last point, if you’re not on such a restricted diet, Gabriella’s recipes offer a great foundation for you to build from. She’s created the flavors, and you are free to add additional veggies, herbs, or toppings that you love and know work for your body.
- It includes a shopping list, so you don’t have to sift through pages of recipes to identify the ingredients you need.
- It’s more than a cookbook. Gabriella also includes an FAQ section, which answers commonly-asked questions such as Why eat organ meat?, What is the best way to prepare organ meat?, and What if I don’t like the taste?
Countless AIPers have cited that it was only once they started including nutrient-dense superfoods like offal in their diets that their healing really started to ramp up. Don’t compromise your health due to fear or stigma!
For just $10, Gabriella’s book gives you access to 15 nutrient-dense and tasty recipes that prove eating organ meat doesn’t have to be scary or difficult. With Gabriella’s help, anyone can “take the awful out of offal.”