This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Welcome to The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast Season 1! We’ve created this podcast as a free resource to accompany our upcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness.
Episode #3: Step 1: In-Depth with Sarah Ballantyne, Ph.D. is a conversation with the AIP expert covering everything from the basics of immune system function to prevention, testing, and treatment for autoimmune disease. In this great discussion, Sarah talks specifics about who is at risk for developing autoimmune disease, including the “accidents” of antibody formation. Very interestingly, she spoke with us about how our immune systems are “nutrient hogs” and how that applies to the healing approach of AIP. And yes, we all shared a little emotional moment to reflect on the ripple effect of Sarah’s work. This is a great episode for taking those first steps in truly informing yourself about autoimmune disease.
If you’d like to go more in-depth on Step 1: Inform, check out the “Confirmed, Suspected, and Related-Autoimmune Diseases” list or the “Learn About Your Disease” section, both in Chapter 1. These sections add detail to the information shared by Sarah in this episode.
How to listen:
If you’d like to download the .mp3, you can do so by following this link.
If you’d like to play the episode right now in your browser, use the player below!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:50 Introducing Sarah
- 3:00 How the immune system works and autoimmune disease develops
- 6:20 How many autoimmune diseases are there?
- 7:50 Sarah’s experience with informing herself about her autoimmune diagnoses
- 9:42 Who is at risk for autoimmune disease?
- 10:55 The risk for developing multiple autoimmune diseases and the role of antibody formation
- 14:09 Common primary autoimmune diseases
- 14:30 The role of nutrient deficiency in autoimmune disease
- 15:50 Prevention of autoimmune disease
- 23:25 Testing and treatment for autoimmune disease in the conventional and alternative system
- 28:00 Sarah talks about how to have a conversation with your doctor
- 30:30 Sarah’s unique research background and how she used it to create AIP as it stands today
- 34:12 Our gratitude for Sarah’s work and sharing a few heartfelt tears
- 36:54 Outro
Wait–before you go!
If you enjoyed the podcast, would you mind leaving us a review in iTunes? This helps introduce our work to a new audience as we climb the ranks in their system.
The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast is a complimentary resource to our forthcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness. Support us in our mission to revolutionize how autoimmune disease is viewed and treated by pre-ordering your copy today, using the links provided below!
Pre-order your copy:
// Barnes & Noble