Welcome to a special emergency-edition of The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast. We’re not in the middle of a regularly-scheduled podcast season, but we wanted to bring you some important information about the novel coronavirus and the disease Covid-19 that is spreading across the world.
Please understand that Mickey & Angie are not medical providers and all the information shared in this podcast is for informational use only.
How to listen:
If you’d like to download the .mp3, you can do so by following this link.
If you’d like to play the episode right now in your browser, use the player below!
Topics covered in this episode:
- Basic info about the novel coronavirus and Covid-19
- How it spreads
- Who is at risk
- Protecting ourselves from getting the virus
- Social vs. physical distancing
- How to go out as safely as possible (for food and medicine)
- How Mickey & Angie are practicing in their own homes
- Is this the time for strict AIP?
- What to do if you are new to AIP
- What to do if you are an AIP veteran
- How Mickey & Angie are eating in these times
- Food sourcing (tips for shopping in the store, online, etc.)
- Our favorite pantry staples
- How to be flexible and adaptable
- Is takeout safe?
- What if I can’t find ingredients (meat, etc.)?
- Batch cooking & banking meals
- How Mickey & Angie have prepared
- Physical preparedness
- Busting the myth that autoimmune disease in general is a risk factor for developing complications
- Diet & lifestyle recommendations
- Should we stock up on supplements or fancy tools?
- The role of nutrient density
- Comparing suffering & building resilience
You guys… this is a truly unprecedented crisis we are all handling collectively. We hope this podcast episode gives you some much-needed information and support during this difficult time.
Wait–before you go!
If you enjoyed the podcast, would you mind leaving us a review in iTunes? This helps introduce our work to a new audience as we climb the ranks in their system.
If you are looking for more conversations about autoimmune wellness, check out our full podcast archive! Click here.