This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Come summer I want to be outdoors as much as possible, enjoying the sunshine, water sports, and fresh sea air. That leaves little room or desire for meal planning, turning on the oven, or sitting down three times a day for a full meal! There’s just something about the heat that zaps my appetite but leaves me craving cold, creamy, and refreshing smoothies for breakfast or lunch.
My Piña Colada Smoothie Bowl is a quick and easy option that contains a full serving of collagen protein, plenty of energy-fueling glucose, and filling fats! It will definitely be a go-to light meal or snack for me this summer that I can whip up during breaks from the pool or after a warm walk or paddleboard outside.
I have rediscovered my love of fruit in the past year and find it perks up my energy, keeps me satiated, and is a wonderful way to get in extra carbs to keep my hormones and thyroid happy! If you choose to leave out the banana for any reason, I would reduce the amount of coconut milk to 1/3 cup so you don’t end up with smoothie soup. This can also be consumed as a traditional smoothie — but make sure you use at least a colorful straw to keep things festive. Even better would be a tiny paper umbrella, which is the ultimate costume jewelry of all beverages.
- 1½ cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 small banana
- ½ - ⅔ cup coconut milk (depending on desired thickness)
- 2 scoops (20g) collagen hydrolysate
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Additional pineapple chunks, unsweetened shredded coconut and lime zest (optional for serving)
- Puree frozen pineapple, banana, coconut milk, collagen, lime juice, vanilla and sea salt in a high-powered blender until smooth. Pour into an individual serving bowl or glass.
- Garnish with additional pineapple chunks, shredded coconut and lime zest. Serve cold.