This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
This month I wanted to share with you a recipe for “roasties” which is what we call big trays of roasted vegetables in my house. I know you don’t need a recipe for roasted carrots or parsnips or sweet potatoes. We’ve all got those nailed down, right?
Instead, I’m sharing a unique recipe using golden beets which are popping up in grocery stores and markets now! Golden beets taste almost identical to their red counterparts but they are much less likely to turn your kitchen into a murder scene. I mean, really, is there a “stainier” food than red beets? Maybe turmeric. Possibly matcha.
Golden beets have all those lovely health benefits too! When roasted with apples, onion and sage, they become even sweeter with hints of Thanksgiving stuffing in the air. I tossed these “roasties” with a creamy dressing made from coconut butter, olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice. The lemon brightens up the dish while the creaminess from the coconut butter brings home the comfort factor. The creamy dressing gives this AIP-friendly fall side dish the perfect unique touch to get you out of your “roasties rut” this year, don’t you think?
If you’re looking for more beet recipes, try my Beet, Grapefruit and Fig Salad or my Beet and Berry Detox Smoothie!
- 3 medium golden beets (about 1 ½ pounds), peeled and diced into ⅓-inch cubes
- 2 medium Gala apples, diced into ⅓-inch cubes
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh sage
- 2 tbsp softened coconut butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the middle oven rack as the oven heats. Use two sheets if your baking sheet is smaller than 18x26'' to avoid overcrowding, alternating the sheets if on different oven racks halfway through baking time.
- Toss diced beets, apple and onion with olive oil and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Once oven is preheated, use mitts to remove baking sheet(s) from oven and spread beet mixture into an even single layer.
- Return sheet to oven and roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time. Sprinkle sage on top and roast 8 to 10 more minutes until tender and golden.
- Let cool slightly while you make dressing. Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Toss roasted beets with dressing in a serving bowl and serve warm.
thank you fpr the recipe look so sweet and healthy.
[…] Söndag: Ungsrostade gulbetor + protein https://autoimmunewellness.com/roasted-golden-beets-apple-sage/ […]
[…] CRISPY COCONUT FRIED TILAPIA, recipe here! and ROASTED GOLDEN BEETS w/ APPLE & SAGE, recipe here! […]
[…] cast on a donation hat to keep my hands busy while I wait. And because it is Monday, check this recipe. I made it for dinner last night and added some goat cheese while it was still warm – […]
[…] Roasted Golden Beets with Apple and Sage from Autoimmune Wellness *Alaena shares a recipe for “roasties” with us. Just toss the ingredients, roast on a sheet pan, dress, and serve! […]
I like the beets and apple roasted without the dressing. The dressing immediately clumped up and wasn’t very drizzlable ha! It was too tangy for my taste but the golden beets are delicious.
This is fabulous!! My family loves it! I do use coconut vinegar instead of the white wine vinegar because that is what I had on hand. I double recipe & make it every week when I batch cook!!
Thanks for making such an interesting recipe! This will definitely be a repeat!
Tasty! Made this last night but subbed Bartlett pears for the apples because it’s what we had. My husband who is the AIP person in our family loved it and requested that I make it for Thanksgiving. I had purchased golden beets but wasn’t sure what to do with them, this was a great introduction to the possibilities.