This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Happy New Year, everyone! This month I’m sharing a recipe from my brand new ebook Enthused! My goal with Enthused was to provide the AIP community with a comprehensive resource of recipes that will both take you out of your kitchen comfort zone and provide convincing alternatives to your childhood favorites. For that reason, Enthused is designed to be family-friendly and even includes recipes for Chicken Spaghetti Squash Patties (the *new* chicken nugget, if you ask me!).
It contains over 80 AIP recipes you won’t find anywhere else, including tons of globally-inspired dishes like Lamb Shawarma, Pastelon, Salmon Larb, and pizza, pizza, pizza. I designed these recipes to follow you through your elimination diet and beyond. They’re delicious enough for non-Paleo eaters and were tested on tons of family and friends who are Standard America Diet eaters. I even included a Reintroduction Guide with reintroduction suggestions for nearly every recipe!
The book includes a recipe key for Low Carb, 30 Minutes or Less, One Dish, and Low Histamine items. I know many in our community have additional restrictions, whether dietary or time, so I made Enthused as user-friendly and accessible as possible! Just like The Healing Kitchen, the ingredients aren’t too wacky — most can be found at your regular grocery store!
The recipes are nutrient dense but FUN and made for all ages!
- Kale Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato Croutons & Real Caesar Dressing
- Amazing Acorn Squash Curry with Nightshade-Free Curry Paste
- “Cheesy” Bacon & Brussels Gratin
- Truffle Fries with Garlic Aioli
- Teriyaki Turkey Poppers
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Grilled Beef Kofta
- Caramelized Onion & “Ricotta” Pizza (I shared the recipe HERE)
- Fried Chicken & Waffles with Sweet & Spicy Syrup
- Apple Butter Banana Bread
- Salted Lemon Ice Cream with Blueberry-Basil Jam Swirl
- AND MANY MORE!
I hope you love the recipes in Enthused as much as we do. You can download it to your desktop, laptop or tablet today for only $12.95. This Smoked Salmon Flatbread will be a nice teaser until you do! I served it for Christmas brunch and it was gobbled up within minutes!
Have you made a recipe from Enthused? I would love a seat at your table too, so please use #enthusedaip to share your photo with me!
- Grain-Free Crust:
- ⅔ cup arrowroot or tapioca starch
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp truffle salt or sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup very thinly sliced white sweet potato
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- Flaked sea salt
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the olive oil, continuously stirring the mixture as you pour. Mix in the warm water thoroughly. The dough may be slightly crumbly, but once you roll it out in the next step, it will bind together well.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet or pizza pan. Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and use your hands or a rolling pin to smooth the dough into a crust about ¼ inch thick. You may roll it into the desired shape, such as a circle, oval, or rectangle.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, until light golden brown and crisp.
- While crust is baking, prepare the toppings by heating 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute sweet potato slices until lightly browned on each side and tender, about 6 minutes total.
- Brush remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil on baked crust. Top evenly with sweet potato slices, smoked salmon, capers and dill. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt, slice and serve immediately.