This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Meriam-Webster’s definition for “Alfredo” is: a sauce for pasta incorporating butter, cream, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Sooooooo basically nothing that an AIP upholder can have. What if I told you this “Alfre-no” is sure to bring any Italian food lover some real satisfaction?
Instead of milk, butter and cheese, fool your tastebuds with creamy coconut milk and the tangy, cheese-like combo of garlic and lemon. Feel like changing it up? Sub the spaghetti squash for zucchini noodles and chicken for shrimp and scallops. I hope you enjoy this nourishing “Alfre-faux” dish!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 3 cups of coconut cream (roughly 2 cans)
- 1 cup of chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons of cassava flour
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup basil, chiffonade for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve spaghetti squash and remove seeds.
- Rub the inside of the squash with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and sprinkle with ½ a teaspoon of salt.
- Place on a baking sheet, inside facing down. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a large pan on medium, sprinkle ½ teaspoon of salt on chicken breast and cook in 1 tablespoon avocado oil until done. About 15 minutes.
- In a separate large pan on medium, saute onions, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, and remaining oil until onions are translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, broth, and remaining salt. Bring to a boil and then turn back down to medium.
- Slowly add cassava flour, whisking to until smooth and thickened. About 5-10 minutes.
- Serve by slicing chicken. Combine with the spaghetti squash and Alfredo sauce.