This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Cinco De Mayo is tomorrow and I’ll bet there are at least a few Autoimmune Wellness fans that would love to enjoy a Friday evening celebrating with friends (even though it is a somewhat dubious holiday in the US). Whether or not it’s a legit holiday, we think any excuse to enjoy delicious food and drink with friends is not only good for the tummy, but healing for the soul. In that spirit, I worked on an AIP-version of the traditional Cinco De Mayo drink… margaritas! These are perfect for you if you are focused on healing and your non-AIP friends will love them just as much.
- Mix water, sugar, lime, and orange juice in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and stir to completely dissolve sugar (should result in just over 2 cups of simple syrup).
- Place syrup mixture in refrigerator to cool completely.
- Mix kombucha and sparkling water together. Add 1 cup completely cooled syrup (the rest can be stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator) and stir.
- Add mix with ice cubes to blender, adding more ice as you blend, until almost the consistency of a "slushy."
- Use lime garnish to wet rim of drinking glasses, turn upside down in salt to salt rim. Fill glasses and enjoy!