This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
We’re very fond of jellies in our house. And when they’re made with healing ingredients such as these, there is every reason to make them a regular treat.
Turmeric has a well known list of uses in the medicine cabinet — anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and balancer of the digestive system, metabolism and hormones to name but a few. Because it’s a little on the bitter side, it does benefit from a small amount of honey to sweeten. However, if you make sure to use raw honey, rest assured you’ll add even more healing properties.
The deep amber color speaks a lot of cozy to me. But at the same time you’re going to find these jellies refreshing, yet with a warming, spicy afterglow. Enjoy!
- 2 cups (500ml) pure apple juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2+3/4 tsp grass-fed gelatin
- Heat the apple juice to simmering point then remove from the heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and before stirring in the turmeric, ginger and honey. Leave to infuse for one hour before straining the mixture into a large jug or bowl.
- Meanwhile put ¼ cup filtered water into a small pan and sprinkle over the gelatin. Leave for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to soak up the liquid.
- Now gently heat the gelatin mixture, whisking until dissolved.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the jelly liquid and pour into 4 molds or small glasses. Transfer to the fridge when cooled to set completely.