This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
Do you miss ranch dressing on AIP? You can make a super flavorful, creamy, and herby dressing simply by using some plain coconut yogurt. I’ve tried a lot of concoctions, and this is my favorite blend. I am sharing here with a really tasty but simple bacon chicken ranch salad.
For you batch-cookers, this is one you can absolutely prep ahead for the week. Double the recipe by making the bacon and the chicken in the oven, and make the dressing during your batch cook. Then when you are ready to serve, the chicken, bacon, and dressing are ready and waiting for you!
- For the salad:
- 3 slices thick-cut uncured bacon
- 24 ounces chicken breasts, butterflied and lightly salted
- ½ cup bone broth
- 1 large head romaine, chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup plain coconut yogurt
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill, thyme, and parsley (combined)
- First, make the bacon. Place the slices in the bottom of a cold skillet, and then turn the heat to medium-low. Cook, turning occasionally, until well done and crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool.
- Use the same skillet for the chicken (if there is more than 2 tablespoons of bacon grease left over, transfer to another container). Heat the pan on medium, and when it is hot, add half of the chicken. Cook for 7 minutes, or until the bottom has started to brown, flip, add ¼ cup of broth, cover, and cook for another 7 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Repeat with the other half of the chicken, using the leftover bacon grease if necessary.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Set aside while you make the salad.
- Assemble each bowl with romaine, radishes, bacon, avocado, and sliced chicken. Drizzle with ranch dressing and serve.