This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Asparagus is my favorite vegetable. Not just because its tart, earthy taste pairs well with just about everything – lemon and bacon are fairly traditional toppings but I’ve also served mine with sweet honey-orange sauce or even date paste – but because it’s so darn easy to prepare. No peeling or chopping required, what’s not to love? Just break off those tough woody ends, give ’em a rinse, and you’re good to go.
With a light, Asian-inspired sauce, this Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus combines one of my favorite accompaniments, bacon, with one of my favorite cuisines. It’s a side dish that’s full-flavored and the perfect pairing for beef, pork, fish, and chicken alike. It’s also a cinch to throw together while you’re working on the rest of your meal!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 bundle asparagus, trimmed
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a small baking sheet with palm shortening or coconut oil.
- Combine the avocado oil, aminos, honey, garlic powder, and ginger, then toss with the asparagus to coat.
- Divide the asparagus up into four equal-sized bundles and wrap each bundle with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place the bundles at least 1" apart on the baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp-tender and the asparagus is cooked through.
Yummm!! Sounds sensational
Do you have any recommendations for sourcing bacon? I am usually able to find nitrate-free bacon, but I know many paleo resources recommend pasture-raised, which is hard to find locally and can be astronomically priced if I order it online.
Hey Emily – have you searched eatwild.com to find a local farmer who offers high-quality bacon?
[…] Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from Autoimmune Wellness […]
[…] Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus – Autoimmune Wellness […]