This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Confession time! I don’t really like beets all that much. Gasp! I have learned though to enjoy them over the years, with a few new preparation techniques. Beets are yummy roasted with ginger and citrus and recently, I discovered that beet soup is quite delicious. It’s the velvety texture that won me over. I like to up the flavor ante on most dishes I prepare and despite the velvety smooth texture of this beet soup, I felt the natural beet flavor wasn’t enough. I did a little digging and discovered that my old go-to of beets + citrus, was even better as beets + citrus + tarragon. Wa-la! We’ve enjoyed this soup many times now in our house and I hope you’ll enjoy it in yours too. (BTW, if you follow me on Instagram, you know that giving beets a good try (even if you are like me and aren’t head over heels for them) is worth it…because beets are good for healthy sex hormones. You’re welcome.
- Place beets in pot, cover with water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, add tarragon and orange peel.
- Simmer until beets are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add oil, vinegar, sea salt, and coconut milk to high-powered blender or food processor.
- When beets are done, add them without draining to blender or food processor (be sure your appliance is heat-proof).
- Process on high until completely smooth. Serve and enjoy!