This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Folks, I have been on a major soup kick. I had surgery last month, which involved, in part, some jigsaw-style moves on my poor digestive system. And that has meant a TON of soup eating. Now, I am not a picky eater. For instance, hot foods in summer have never been an issue for me. However, after so much soup eating, I am getting a little bored with traditional approaches to soup.
With that in mind, I decided to create a nice, chilled out summer soup for myself and all of you to enjoy. The dill flavor is very refreshing and this soup can work as a main dish with a little shredded chicken or shrimp thrown in or as a really pretty appetizer if you are entertaining on a hot summer evening. Enjoy!
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- *reserve some cucumber, avocado, dill, and lemon if you would like to fix appetizers as pictured
- Puree all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.
- For extra smooth soup, pour through fine mesh sieve to filter out extra vegetable fibers.
- Chill and serve with shredded chicken or shrimp as main dish or garnished as appetizer.