This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
I’m a big fan of having salads for lunch in the summertime, especially when time is tight! The star here is a good fig balsamic vinegar, that has just the right blend of sweetness and acidity to make a killer salad dressing along with flavors of fresh garlic and thyme.
For you batch cookers, if you’d like to make this one ready to assemble-and-go, the dressing and steak can be prepared ahead of time for a meal that is ready to go in mere minutes!
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- For the salad:
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons solid cooking fat
- 5 ounces mixed baby spring greens (like arugula, chard, spinach)
- 2 cups chicory, cut into ribbons
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered
- ½ cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- First, make the dressing. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and incorporated. Set aside while you make the steak.
- Combine the sea salt and garlic powder in a small bowl and rub evenly on both sides of the steak. If the steak is very long, cut into two pieces.
- Heat the cooking fat in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the first steak and cook for 1-2 minutes before flipping. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and temp. Cook until desired temperature is reached - 120 for medium-rare and 130 for medium (time will vary depending on the thickness of your steaks). Repeat for second steak, if necessary.
- Assemble the salad by arranging the greens and chicory on a plate and adding the radishes, onions, avocado, and sliced steak with dressing on the side. Alternatively, you can toss everything with dressing and then serve.