This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Using a spiralizer to make “zoodles” is a great way to create more surface area and try some new textures when cooking for the Autoimmune Protocol. This flavorful dish comes together in less than 30 minutes and is a favorite in our house for a batch-cooked lunch. My bulk process looks like prepping a big batch of the zoodles and dressing, cooking the chicken, and then tossing each portion up fresh topped with avocado and lime when I’m ready to eat. This recipe can easily be doubled for extra lunches or a big family. Enjoy!
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup cilantro, packed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- For the bowl:
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 carrots, spiralized
- Cilantro leaves, thinly-sliced radishes, lime wedges, and avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. First, make the sauce by placing all of the ingredients in a blender and blending until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place the solid cooking fat in the bottom of an ovenproof skillet on medium heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Turn the heat to high. Add the chicken to the pan and spread out so that the chicken pieces are in a thin layer. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes without stirring, to allow the bottom of the chicken pieces to brown. Give them a good stir and place in the oven to cook for 12 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the portion of zoodles being served in a mixing bowl and toss with the dressing (If you are eating 2 servings now and leaving 2 for later, place half the zoodles and half the dressing in the bowl and toss; package the remainder for separate storage). Set aside.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, allow to cool for a few minutes before tossing the desired portion with the vegetables and dressing. Serve garnished with additional cilantro leaves, radish slices, a lime wedge, and avocado slices if desired.