This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
It was peach season last month and we have this wonderful farm close to where we live that has the most delicious peaches and nectarines every year. This year I was a little late getting there and almost missed out on the peaches. Thankfully, they did have some left and I bought whatever they had left which was like 5 pounds! My daughter and I both love to eat them as is, sometimes eating 3 or 4 in a day!
This time I wanted to try a recipe that I had seen in a cookbook. The cookbook is called Share and Savor and it’s by Kylie Mazon Chambers. This book is about appetizer boards and it had this grilled peach and orange salsa that caught my attention! That combination sounded too good and so I wanted to give it a try. That week I was planning on grilling some shrimp tacos so I thought the peach salsa would be a great accompaniment for it! And I was not wrong. The salsa elevated the shrimp and it was a perfect pairing. I also made homemade cassava tortillas so we could make shrimp tacos and they were a big hit with the family. You can also have this grilled shrimp recipe with a small salad.
The peach salsa is sweet and sour and full of flavor and can be a nice side for any meal or as a dip for plantain chips or sweet potato chips.
- About ½ lb of medium shrimp (about 20-24), de-shelled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 medium size peaches, pitted and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or use ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and pat dry with paper towels. Add all the marinade ingredients to the bowl and mix with the shrimp. Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill (gas or charcoal) or you can use a cast iron grill pan. Lightly brush with oil and place the shrimp on it. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until they curl up and then flip them over. Cook for 1 more minute and then transfer to a dish. Keep covered until it is time to serve.
- On the same grill, place the peach slices and let cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes and transfer to a plate. Reserve a couple slices and add the rest to a food processor.
- Add the rest of the salsa ingredients to the food processor too. Pulse a couple times until you get a chunky salsa. Do not over process as it will turn into liquid. Transfer to a serving bowl. Roughly chop the reserved peach slices and add to the bowl.
- Alternatively, you can skip the food processor and just transfer all ingredients to a bowl and gently mash them gently using a potato masher or a pestle.
- Serve the grilled shrimp with the peach salsa on the side!