This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
It’s been a chilly winter here in Atlanta, but with spring around the corner my body has been craving crisp and cool salads. If I had to calculate how many salads I’ve eaten over the past 10 years, it would look something like this: 10(365 x 2). Now I’m not going to do that math, but do you see how much experience I have with the art of salad making?
The perfect salad has a variety of texture, flavor, temperature, and color. In this recipe, chicken glazed in honey and lime juice adds a hearty component to a light and fruity base. Cucumber, avocado, mint, and lime keep it refreshing. And a sweet and tangy strawberry-lime dressing adds a burst of flavor to the mild romaine. This recipe serves two people as an entrée-sized salad, but it can easily be doubled for the perfect brunch or lunch gathering with friends.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chopped chicken breast, sprinkle with sea salt, and let cook undisturbed until golden brown for 3 minutes. Flip chicken, sprinkle with more salt and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add lime juice and honey to pan. Stir to coat chicken.
- Turn heat to medium, cover skillet with a lid, and let the chicken finish cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir to coat the chicken in the honey-lime glaze and set aside to cool while you prepare the salad.
- Divide the remaining salad ingredients between two plates. Top with chicken and drizzle with two tablespoons Strawberry-Lime Dressing (recipe below).
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 strawberries
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over individually plated salads.