This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
This Moroccan Chicken is a quick, flavorful meal for you to easily prepare in your Instant Pot! It makes the perfect addition to a weeknight or batch-cooking routine. Our family likes it best served over cauliflower rice, but you can also use it to top spiralized or mashed root vegetables.
If you are looking to get ahead with a recipe that keeps well in the freezer, this one fits the bill there as well!
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons water or Bone Broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups chopped parsnips or turnips
- 5 cups chopped butternut squash (about 1 small)
- ½ cup dried apricots, quartered
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ lemon, juice and zest reserved
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cilantro and cauliflower rice, for serving
- Add the solid cooking fat to the bottom of your Instant Pot and press the "saute" button. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the onions, and cook, stirring, for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Turn off the heat.
- Add the water, salt, and turmeric to the pot and stir to combine. Add the root vegetables, squash, apricots, olives, lemon juice, and zest, and stir to combine. Add the chicken thighs, nestling in the vegetables. Close and lock the lid and cook on "manual - high pressure" for 9 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, use the "quick release" method to depressurize with a damp towel.
- Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice (or spiralized vegetables) topped with fresh cilantro.