This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
I love kebabs – they are fun, easy to make, and everything you thread on there gets a tasty layer of char on them. Here I have come up with a simple recipe using lamb, mint and pineapple, both for the marinade and as a kebab accessory. That makes it full of extra-pineapple goodness! The flavor of these is incredible, and they are sure to be a hit at a summer BBQ. The pineapple marinade has the perfect amount of acidity to tenderize the meat, and it will work for almost anything – try beef instead of lamb if you have some.
- 1 large pineapple, chopped into 1½" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½-inch piece ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 16-24oz lamb shoulder steak, cut into 1½" cubes
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- cinnamon, to taste
- You will also need:
- wooden or metal skewers
- Place 1½ cups of the pineapple cubes, garlic, ginger, and sea salt in a blender and blend until incorporated. Place in a container or plastic bag with the lamb and marinate for 1 hour, 2 hours maximum.
- If you have wooden skewers, soak them in water before using so that they don't burn on the grill. When the lamb is finished marinating, remove and discard marinade. Thread the lamb, pineapple, and mint on the skewers, alternating one of each. Sprinkle skewers with a dusting of cinnamon.
- Grill for 10 minutes or until meat is finished, turning and watching to ensure that they don't burn.