This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Welcome to The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast Season 1! We’ve created this podcast as a free resource to accompany our upcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness.
Episode #15: Step 7: In-Depth with Angelo Coppola is an episode with a popular, and very unique voice, in the wider Paleo community about how connection with others and nature deeply impacts not just our wellness, but our whole lives. Angelo discusses leaving his high-powered career to focus on family and his place in the natural world, his philosophy of “humans are not broken,” and exploring how removing some things from his life actually expanded it greatly. He also talks with us about a really refreshing view he has about not seeing our bodies, especially those with autoimmune disease, as broken, but seeing disease as warning signs of environmental inputs that need to change. Angelo also explores with us the relationship humans have to the natural world (his take is that we are nature) and his ideas about “ambient anxiety.” This is a great episode for anyone who wants to think about connection in a whole new light.
If you want to explore some of our conversation more, take a look at the “How to Start Connecting with Nature” section in Chapter 7. This section provides ideas on getting started with simple connection to nature.
How to listen:
If you’d like to have our podcasts sent directly to your device, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
If you’d like to download the .mp3, you can do so by following this link.
If you’d like to play the episode right now in your browser, use the player below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:00 Introducing Angelo
- 2:30 Angelo shares about how his connections changed after he left his high-powered career
- He feels those connections actually helped him connect more to himself
- 6:09 What it felt like when Angelo made the decision to shift his lifestyle
- He is always focused on “tweaking in the right direction,” rather than perfectionism in his life
- 10:00 What is Angelo’s philosophy “humans are not broken?”
- Be careful of the often used marketing idea that you are inadequate
- Explore the idea that you may need to reduce, rather than increase in life
- 14:30 Angelo discusses how we can reject the idea that our bodies are broken, but instead consider environmental inputs that may be negative
- 16:00 Angelo shares his view that humans and nature are not in relationship
- He believes we are the same as nature
- He shares his great quote, “Our modern lives are a dumbing down of nature.”
- 22:20 The key components that Angelo sees as contributing to autoimmune disease
- Lack of “baked right in” natural experiences
- 28:08 “Ambient Anxiety” and whether or not we should look for an anxiety to it?
- Angelo suggests seeing stress/anxiety as a pain response pointing to a root cause
- 36:00 Outro
Wait–before you go!
If you enjoyed the podcast, would you mind leaving us a review in iTunes? This helps introduce our work to a new audience as we climb the ranks in their system.
The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast is a complimentary resource to our forthcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness. Support us in our mission to revolutionize how autoimmune disease is viewed and treated by pre-ordering your copy today!
Pre-order your copy:
// Barnes & Noble
Check out the previous episode, Episode #14: Step 7: Connect – Our Stories, and the next episode, Episode #16: Putting Together All the Steps of The Autoimmune Wellness Journey. For the full podcast archive, click here.
[…] episode, Episode #13: Noelle Tarr, NTP on Autoimmune-Friendly Movement, and the next episode, Episode #15: Angelo Coppola on Connecting with Humans and Nature. For the full podcast archive, click […]
[…] out the previous episode, Episode #15: Angelo Coppola on Connecting with Humans and Nature, and the next episode, Episode #17: Encore — The AIP Evolved Manifesto Part I. For the full […]