This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Welcome to The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast Season 1! We’ve created this podcast as a free resource to accompany our upcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness.
Episode #16: Putting Together the Steps of The Autoimmune Wellness Journey starts with a look at how our personal healing timelines unfolded. We discuss how long each of the seven steps; inform, collaborate, nourish, rest, breathe, move, and connect, took us to implement as we sought wellness. The second half of this episode is about the “big idea” we are hoping to convey with the book and podcast series, the ebb and flow nature of a healing with autoimmune disease, ditching perfectionism, and shifting what we see as “normal” in order to focus on health. The very best part of this episode comes in the last 15 minutes where we share loads of inspiration on joining the community.
If you’d like to go more in-depth, check out the “Conclusion” section at the end of The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook. It will help solidify this exciting, renewing process for you and add depth to our chat during this episode.
How to listen:
If you’d like to have our podcasts sent directly to your device, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
If you’d like to download the .mp3, you can do so by following this link.
If you’d like to play the episode right now in your browser, use the player below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:30 Welcome to the final episode
- 2:57 We talk about “healing timelines”
- 3:29 Mickey shares how long the Inform step took her
- One year
- 5:14 Angie shares how long the Inform step took her
- 11 years (She had a complex situation.)
- 6:36 Angie shares how long the Collaborate step took her
- One-two years
- 7:44 Mickey shares how long the Collaborate step took her
- She’s still working this step
- 10:22 Mickey shares how long the Nourish step took her
- Three-six months
- 11:28 Angie shares how long the Nourish step took her
- 12:32 Angie shares how long the Rest step took her
- Roughly one year, but there were big improvements immediately with dietary changes
- 13:37 Mickey shares how long the Rest step took her
- Roughly a couple months with a breakthrough following some neurotransmitter testing and supplementation
- Has required continual maintenance
- 15:31 Mickey shares how long the Breathe step took her
- She’s still working this step
- 16:13 Angie shares how long the Breathe step took her
- She’s still working this step, but there were big improvements immediately with diagnosis, because unexplained illness was a major source of stress
- 17:50 Mickey shares how long the Move step took her
- She had a routine within one month, but it took longer for her to transition the way she thought of it
- 19:21 Angie shares how long the Move step took her
- She’s still working on this step
- 20:33 Angie shares how long the Connect step took her
- She was able to dial in this step immediately
- 21:44 Mickey shares how long the Connect step took her
- She had some initial stumbles with her friends around socializing
- 23:40 The big idea of this episode is that the process takes time and looks different for every individual
- 24:30 The Autoimmune Wellness Journey is a journey of ebbing and flowing
- 25:05 Mickey shares personal examples of ebb and flow
- 26:33 Angie shares personal examples of ebb and flow
- Over time we can learn to proactively use the protocol to support ourselves through things we recognize as likely health challenges
- 29:29 Learning to spot “engine trouble”
- 30:20 Perfectionism has no place in the Autoimmune Wellness Journey
- 32:20 Being open to shifting what we see as “normal”
- 34:08 Joining the Autoimmune Wellness community
- Community groups
- ￼Online groups
- Social media (hashtags: #autoimmunepaleo #autoimmunewellness #totesaip #bonebrothheals and specific disease tags, like #celiac)
- Consider starting a blog or social media account to share your story and inspire the next person to change their life
- Talk to your doctor about your diet and lifestyle
- 45:10 Our hopes for your healing journey
- 47:15 Outro
Wait–before you go!
If you enjoyed the podcast, would you mind leaving us a review in iTunes? This helps introduce our work to a new audience as we climb the ranks in their system.
The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast is a complimentary resource to our forthcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness. Support us in our mission to revolutionize how autoimmune disease is viewed and treated by pre-ordering your copy today!
Pre-order your copy:
// Barnes & Noble
Check out the previous episode, Episode #15: Angelo Coppola on Connecting with Humans and Nature, and the next episode, Episode #17: Encore — The AIP Evolved Manifesto Part I. For the full podcast archive, click here.
Thank you for such useful information. I’ll miss these podcasts
We are so glad you’ve loved it Norma!!
Thanks for the feedback – and don’t worry, we do have something up our sleeves in the podcast department!
Which books would you recommend buying to get an verview of everything you teach us??
Hi Claire! Check out The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: https://autoimmune-paleo.com/AWH
Thank you so much ???? this podcast series has been so helpful ????Thanks
Thank you SO much for these podcasts. I am now going through much of what you two have gone through. I was diagnosed in July 2016 with Hashi’s after being hypothyroid for 15 years and on synthroid. It is so helpful to know some of the steps you took to help.
Thanks so much for listening Jeannie!
Thanks for listening, and best of luck to you on your journey!
Thank you for all of these great podcasts!
I so enjoyed listening to them and found them very helpful.
Appreciate all of your time and efforts and all of your expertise in putting these podcasts together.
Your passion to help others is truly inspiring! You are making a difference in many lives.
Thank you again
Thanks for the feedback! We are happy you found them helpful!
So I’m the lucky winner of your new handbook and just finished listening to all of the podcasts to prepare for this amazing book! I’ve never felt more encouraged and I truly want to thank you ladies for pioneering for SO many of us. I can’t wait to get your handbook and dive in! In the past year, my life has never seen so much health and healing and I’m grateful that you guys chose to share your journeys with us!
Thank you so much for listening Emily!
[…] out the previous episode, Episode #14: Step 7: Connect – Our Stories, and the next episode, Episode #16: Putting Together All the Steps of The Autoimmune Wellness Journey. For the full podcast archive, click […]
[…] out the previous episode, Episode #16: Putting Together All the Steps of The Autoimmune Wellness Journey, and the next episode, Episode #18: Encore — The AIP Evolved Manifesto Part II. For the full […]