This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
I discovered Thai Drinking Vinegar during Paleo F(x) this year when I visited a highly-rated Thai restaurant near the convention center. Not only is it served alongside the meal to aid with digestion, it’s also delicious!
It’s similar to kombucha in flavor, but not nearly as pungent, and it makes a wonderful summer “mocktail” with sweet, tart flavors and fizz from the sparkling water. This recipe combines blackberries and raspberries and yields a lovely pink beverage, but you can use pretty much any fruit or herbs you like!
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ - 1 cup honey
- Sparkling water, for serving
- Combine the vinegar and berries in a 1-quart jar with an airtight lid. I used a 1-quart mason jar with a plastic screw-on cap.
- Let sit for seven days at room temperature.
- Strain out the fruit and pour the vinegar back into the jar.
- Add honey and shake well.
- Refrigerate for seven more days, shaking occasionally to help dissolve the honey.
- To serve, place one ounce of the drinking vinegar in a 16-ounce glass. Fill the glass with ice and then top off with sparkling water. Stir to combine.