This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Its getting to be that time of year again where we can fire up the grill for some quick summer eats, and today I’m sharing one of my favorite grill recipes. The quick marinade works its magic tenderizing the chicken due to enzymes in the pineapple juice, and creates a nice sweet and savory sauce with the coconut aminos (which is a soy-free sauce that has revolutionized Asian-style dishes in our house — you can pick up a bottle here!).
- Heat the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, and garlic in a small saucepan on medium heat, stirring, until the coconut sugar dissolves. Set aside and let cool.
- When the marinade has cooled, add to a bag or container with the chicken. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning if needed (but no longer!). If you are using wooden skewers, place them in a water bath while the chicken is marinating — this decreases the likelihood that they will burn on the grill.
- While the chicken is marinating, place the zucchini and mushrooms in a large bowl and toss with the coconut oil and salt. If you are using a charcoal grill, get your coals going. If you have a gas grill, wait until the marinating time is up to preheat your grill on medium-high heat.
- When the chicken has finished marinating, discard the marinade, and skewer the vegetables and chicken cubes evenly.
- Get your grill nice and hot (if you are using charcoal, you want red coals). Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for 3 minutes, turn, another 3 minutes, and then rearrange and turn for a final 3 minutes, making sure that all the kebabs have had exposure to the hottest part of the grill.
- Serve immediately!