This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
Nourish bowls are my favorite way to eat lunch. And most days, I mix and match leftovers from different meals and make a lunch bowl! The first time I made this seafood bowl, I had some leftover turmeric cauliflower rice. And I had some roasted zucchini and some sautéed shrimp. I mixed all of them together and really enjoyed it. Then the following week I got some bay scallops and thought of making a seafood ‘fried rice’ with cauliflower rice. Recalling how tasty my bowl from the previous week was, I decided to add shrimp as well as a couple more vegetables – mushrooms and zucchini. The simple flavors of garlic, lemon and turmeric make this dish very flavorful!
Bay scallops are much smaller and also much cheaper than regular scallops. For this recipe, bay scallops work the best.
- About 18 to 20 bay scallops, thawed to room temperature
- About 14 to 16 large size shrimp, peeled, deveined and thawed to room temperature
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, divided
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- Pat dry the shrimp and the scallops using paper towels. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a large stainless steel skillet and when hot add half of the coconut oil. As soon as the oil is hot, place the scallops one by one and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Then flip them carefully and again cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer them to a plate.
- To the same oil, add the shrimp and cook on low heat for about 4 minutes stirring frequently. Transfer the shrimp along with any juices to the same plate as the scallops.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and when hot, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute on medium heat. Then add the zucchini and the mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes. Then add the salt and the garlic powder and cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer the veggies to a plate.
- Place the skillet back on the stove and add the remaining coconut oil (1 tablespoon). Add the cauliflower rice, turmeric and salt and stir to mix. Cover and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until it is cooked (about 7 to 8 minutes if using frozen cauliflower rice). Turn the heat off and add the lemon juice and the fresh cilantro if adding).
- For assembling the bowls, take two large serving bowls and add half of the cauliflower rice to each of them. Then fill each bowl with the shrimp and scallops and the vegetables. Garnish with extra cilantro if desired!