This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
I am always looking for easy, under-30-minute recipes which require minimal cleanup! And this skillet garlic chicken with zucchini and mushrooms is such a recipe which also has loads of flavor! I chose to make this recipe in the skillet versus a sheet pan in order to get a crisp texture for the zucchini and the mushrooms. But you could easily throw the garlic chicken and the vegetables together into a sheet pan after tossing them in the marinade and bake them in the oven.
For the vegetables, I love zucchini and mushrooms in this recipe. But you could certainly use other vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and spinach. This recipe is a meal by itself, however you could also serve this with some cauliflower rice on the side!
- ½ lb boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-in rounds
- 4 medium mushrooms, washed and sliced
- About ¼ cup avocado oil or coconut oil for pan frying
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (make sure it is AIP compliant)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and mix with a spoon. Reserve half of this marinade (for the vegetables). Add the chicken pieces to the marinade left in the bowl and toss to mix well. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade to another mixing bowl and add the vegetables and toss to coat well with the marinade. Keep aside.
- Heat a medium size stainless steel skillet or a cast iron pan. When hot, add about 1 tablespoon of the oil. And then add the chicken pieces. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Then flip each piece and cook for another 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken pieces into a plate.
- Next, add some more oil to the pan and add the zucchini slices (you will need to do this in batches). Pan fry for about 2 minutes on one side and 1 more minute on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat the same process with the mushrooms.
- Now add the chicken and the vegetables back to the pan. Cover and cook for 1 minute on low heat to get the chicken pieces all tender and juicy. Turn heat off and add the lemon juice and stir to mix.
Can you please share how to make AIP Italian seasonings? 🙂
Thank you! Can you please share how to make AIP Italian Seasoning? Or where we can purchase?
Stephanie, I found this recipe: https://thehonestspoonful.com/wprm_print/13155.
If I were going to bake this in the oven instead of frying it, how much time and what temp would you recommend?