This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday of the year. Friends, family and food. What could be better, right? Leftovers for days! Holidays can also be daunting when navigating the thanksgiving menu on a strict protocol. My holiday wishes to you is that this recipe gives you some creative freedom to enjoy the festivities with your family and friends.
This nourishing wrap is inspired by my favorite sandwich shop (pre AIP). Cranberry sauce, cream cheese and turkey lunch meat on rye bread. I used to enjoy it year ’round! You can make this wrap outside of the holidays with simple adjustments. Use leftover batch chicken instead of turkey and sweet potato in lieu of squash. You can also use an AIP raspberry jam when cranberries aren’t in season.
- Wrap ingredients:
- 5 collard green leaves
- 2-3 cups Turkey or chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups roasted squash or sweet potato, cooked, and sliced or mashed
- Cranberry sauce ingredients:
- 7.5 ounce container (2 cups) fresh cranberries
- 5 dates, minced
- 5 basil leaves, chiffonade
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cold pressed apple juice
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, combine cranberries, dates, basil, cinnamon, water and apple juice.
- Let simmer while occasionally stirring until cranberries pop and mixture becomes thick. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pan, heat water to a boil and then set to low heat.
- Use tongs to submerge collard green leaves in the hot water, one at a time for about 5 seconds on each side. Remove from pan.
- Cut off excess stem and carefully shave down the midrib of the leaf to make it easier to fold.
- Layer in the center of the leaf along the midrib, cranberry sauce, squash, avocado, and then the turkey.
- Fold opposite edges of the leaves in towards the center. and then fold one of the remaining sides in to create a roll. Roll until you create a burrito-like shape.
- Cut and enjoy.