This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
If you are looking for a fun way to get your greens in – try this umami kale! The trick for getting nice browning on the shallots, mushrooms, and kale is cooking a small quantity at a time, which is why I call for cooking the shallots and mushrooms before cooking the kale separately. This recipe only serves two, but you might as well double it and work two pans at the same time to make some leftovers!
- First, make the sauce. Place the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and anchovies in a blender and pulse or blend to combine. Set aside while you make the dish.
- Place half of the cooking fat in a skillet on medium heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until just starting to brown.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until both shallots and mushrooms are soft and browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining cooking fat to the skillet and place on medium heat. When the fat has melted, add the kale and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until soft and a little browned. Turn off the heat, add the shallots and mushrooms to the pan, and pour over the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.