This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
Who doesn’t love chai? Who doesn’t love pumpkin? Well…it’s your lucky day because you get BOTH! Get ready to have your tastebuds WOW-ed with this yummy treat. Fall is for cozying up with a cup of something warm and a yummy pumpkin treat — like these AIP pumpkin chai donuts.
Pumpkin puree is in demand per usual during this time of year so if you can’t find a can anywhere in the stores, cook up some fresh pumpkin from your local pumpkin patch and puree it yourself.
These donuts are like no other. They have a soft and tender inside and crispy outside. The flavor will make you fall in love faster than fall leaves hit the ground.
Let’s talk glaze and toppings. If you heat the coconut butter jar for bit, you will get the smooth consistency to create a perfect icing glaze. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon and you’re good to go!
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 gelatin egg (1 tablespoon gelatin: 2 tablespoons water)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ⅛ teaspoons clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut butter (manna)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pan, heat 2 tablespoons of water over low heat.
- Sprinkle gelatin evenly over heated water and whisk until combined. Mixture should be slightly runny like honey.
- Add all donut ingredients together and mix until smooth and fully combined. Mixture should be smooth and easy to pour.
- Pour mixture evenly into a greased, mini donut pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. If you stick a toothpick into it, it should come out clean. Inside texture will be very moist.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Place smoothed coconut butter onto a small plate deep enough to dip the donuts.
- Dip each donut and allow butter to cool and slightly firm.
- In a small bowl, mix toppings of coconut sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle overtop the donuts.