This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
When the weather warms up I am a big fan of salads with tons of raw veggies. This broccoli slaw is one of my favorite ways to prepare raw broccoli with a tangy and probiotic-rich coconut-yogurt-based dressing. In just a few minutes you can have a nutrient-dense, flavorful salad ready to be eaten by itself (I can easily go for a big portion for lunch most days!) or with a side protein like roasted chicken or steak.
Substitution note: you can also use raw, shredded Brussels sprouts or cabbage here! Enjoy!
- For the salad:
- 6 cups broccoli (about 2 large heads), chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced red onion
- ¼ cup minced, dried apricots
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup coconut yogurt (check ingredients for AIP-friendly products)
- ½ avocado, flesh
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup avocado or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the broccoli, carrot, onion, and apricots in a bowl and set aside while you make the dressing.
- To make the dressing, place the yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, and water in a blender and blend until combined. If the consistency is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water to thin to desired consistency.
- Combine the salad and dressing and toss before serving.