This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
This holiday season will be my fourth while following the principles of the Autoimmune Protocol and my fifth since I started a Paleo diet. And I have to say our celebratory meals get more delicious each year. Last year for Christmas Eve, I made a couple pizzas from The Healing Kitchen, and they were a huge hit as party finger food! I also always make sure to whip up a couple no-bake AIP treats to keep in the freezer all December, and I’ll bring them along with me to holiday gatherings so I don’t feel left out on the tasty nibbles (and so I can share them too). They’re also great conversation starters! “Fudge made out of sweet potato? What!?”
My contribution to last year’s Autoimmune-Paleo holiday table was Sweet Potato Pie Cheesecake which is just fabulous but a little hands-on if you need to throw something together in a hurry after work. This year my Holiday “Sangria” Punch requires almost no prep except slicing and dicing a couple fruits and stirring together some store-bought bottles of pomegranate juice, cranberry kombucha, and sparkling mineral water. When people ask what you spiked the punch with, you can respond with “probiotics” and enjoy the look on their faces.
Now if you have difficulty finding pomegranate juice (it’s usually in the produce section), you may also use tart cherry juice. Just make sure whatever juice you are buying, it is 100% pure fruit juice without preservatives! Want to spice it up even more? Add a knob of thinly sliced ginger and a few whole cloves in Step 2 and refrigerate overnight before adding the sparkling mineral water and serving the next day. Your party guests will never know they’re enjoying a cup of antioxidant-rich, tummy-loving kombucha punch!
- 32 oz pomegranate juice, chilled
- 2 16-oz bottles cranberry kombucha, chilled
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 2 pears, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Julienned zest of ½ navel orange
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ liters sparkling mineral water, chilled
- In a large punch bowl, stir together the pomegranate juice, kombucha, orange juice, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the cranberries, pears, lemon, orange zest and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Stir in sparkling mineral water and serve cold. If making ahead, cover the punch and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours and only add the sparkling mineral water right before serving.
[…] Holiday Sangria Punch from Autoimmune Paleo *Hold the booze! This drink is cheerful on its own. […]
[…] Holiday Sangria Punch (AutoimmunePaleo) […]
[…] Recipe: Autoimmune Wellness | Holiday Sangria Punch […]
[…] Movie night: Bring a DVD, Snacks, and Mocktails. […]
[…] Holiday Sangria Punch @ Autoimmune Wellness […]