This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
I’ve mentioned how my diagnosis came at a time when life certainly wasn’t slowing down. Today, as a working mom of an awesome and very energetic two-year-old boy, it’s still not slowing down — at all. So, any time I can get a complete meal made with a veggie, starch and protein all in the same pot or on the same pan, it’s two thumbs up for me!
Hence, the birth of meals like this Cherry Balsamic Chicken One Sheet Meal. A simple prep with fairly easy cleanup, I often double or triple this recipe for a week’s meal prep.
- Balsamic Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ to ⅓ cup (approximate) olive oil
- Heaping ⅓ cup AIP-compliant dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- AIP-friendly seasoning blend (such as one from Paleo Powder)
- Sweet potatoes:
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt as desired
- Asparagus, tossed lightly in olive oil & seasoned with sea salt as desired
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken with your AIP seasoning blend as desired.
- Place chicken and all remaining ingredients for the chicken into your air-tight bag or container.
- Marinate 1 hour to overnight.
- Place chicken and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving room for your asparagus.
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until chicken reaches cooked temperature of 165°.
- For the asparagus: Add to pan approximately 10-15 minutes before chicken and sweet potatoes finish.
- Optional: Once everything is done, squeeze fresh lemon juice over your asparagus and Enjoy!