Photo by Kyle Johnson
- 2 lbs pastured chicken breast, skin on
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons solid cooking fat
- 1 cup bone broth or water
- Rinse the chicken breasts with cold water and pat dry. Bring to room temperature and sprinkle them with the salt.
- Heat the cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the fat is melted and the pan is hot, place the chicken top-side down and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned. Flip the chicken, add the broth, cover, and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let cool and shred the meat (you'll have about 4 cups of shredded chicken breast meat for all sorts of wonderful uses!).