This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
While I hate to be a part of the hype that the word “detox” inspires, it doesn’t hurt to provide our bodies with an abundant source of nutrients to continue to perform this essential function. Detoxification is a nutrient-dependent process — if we don’t provide our bodies what it needs to get the job done, this process suffers. Lucky for us, the Autoimmune Protocol supplies in great quantities the proteins and other nutrients needed for healthy detoxification!
In this salad, I’ve included lots of raw greens for folate to support methylation, beets for betaine, garlic and broccoli for sulphur, and an assortment of herbs and micro-greens to provide an antioxidant-rich punch. It is a fantastic way to love your liver, or just get a good dose of vegetables on your plate!
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1 cup tightly packed)
- 1 bunch watercress, chopped (about 1 cup tightly packed)
- 2 cups microgreens (about 3 ounces)
- 2 small or 1 large head of broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 small of 1 large beet, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Combine the cilantro, watercress, microgreens, broccoli, and beets in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, anchovies, and garlic in a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until fully combined.
- Toss the dressing with the salad and add the avocado.