This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
Bananas foster is one of my favorite flavors of all time. Back in my barista/college days and before I knew much about nutrition, I used to make myself a bananas foster americano with 3 pumps of butter caramel sauce and then 3 pumps of bananas foster syrup. The flavor was the best! It’s always my goal to make my favorite treats or comfort meals more nutritious. So here’s my go at this delicious treat that originated in Louisiana.
Might I add, you will have extras of this caramel sauce and you can put it onto ANYTHING. I mean, you might find your partner or child or roommate bathing in it, in the middle of the night. It’s that good!
This is the perfect, quick and easy treat to have on hand all summer long. Enjoy!
- In a blender, combine ice cream ingredients and blend until smooth. Add coconut milk as needed, you may not need it.
- Pour mixture into a container and store in the freezer until you’re ready for it.
- In a sauce-pot on medium-heat, combine sugar and water. Mix once until sugar is wet.
- Boil for about 6-8 minutes, periodically swirling the pan around to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and add the cream in a steady stream while stirring rapidly.
- Add a pinch of salt or to taste.
- Scoop ice cream and top with salted caramel and desired toppings.