This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means! That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we use ourselves and wholeheartedly stand by. To learn more about how we earn money here on Autoimmune Wellness, head on over to our Promotional Policy.
This breakfast pumpkin custard smells like pumpkin pie and applesauce but is made almost entirely of vegetables. Add in some bananas or chopped dates and you have a delicious dish.
Here’s a few tips for making the BEST breakfast pumpkin custard:
- This custard can be eaten alone or as a topping to a juicy pork chop.
- You can serve the custard with optional toppings like raisins, chopped dates, sliced bananas, or a dollop of coconut cream.
- This doesn’t need to be super smooth. It tastes good even if it’s a little chunky.
- This recipe tastes best warm. Either right out of the Instant Pot or reheated.
If you like this Breakfast Pumpkin Custard, you’ll love these other AIP breakfast recipes.
- Maple Candied Bacon
- AIP Breakfast Sausage
- Baked Carrot Banana Bread N’Oatmeal
- AIP Blueberry Muffins
- Holiday Breakfast Cookies
- AIP Coconut Milk Matcha Latte
- AIP ‘Bulletproof’ Style Dandelion Chicory Coffee
- Squash Browns
- 1 pound whole cauliflower end trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (about 1 15-oz can)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- Optional toppings:
- Chopped dates
- Banana slices
- Coconut cream or milk
- Add all of the ingredients except for the gelatin to the Instant Pot.
- Put the top on the Instant Pot and set to pressure cook for 3 minutes. Take care to set the knob to the sealing position.
- Once it’s finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to depressurize (slow release). After about 10 minutes, the floating valve or red metal pin should drop, then open the lid.
- Add in the gelatin using an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower mixture until smooth.