This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Welcome to The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast Season 1! We’ve created this podcast as a free resource to accompany our upcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness.
Episode #7: Step 3: In-Depth with Aglaée Jacob, MS, RD is an episode dedicated to chatting with a well-known registered dietician in the “Real Foods” community. We greatly respect Aglaée’s work and asked her to join us in a conversation covering the deeper details of dietary healing, especially how to further modify AIP if healing is not as expected. Aglaée talks about FODMAP intolerance, starch intolerance, and histamine intolerance, all issues that can be uncovered while on AIP and may require specific modifications to help control uncomfortable symptoms. She also explores adding nutrient density with us and outlines new nutrition research she’s most interested in right now. One of the best parts of this episode is in the beginning, where Aglaée tells us about the powerful process she went through on the road to becoming a “Real Food” RD and the shift she sees happening years later in her profession. This episode is excellent if suspect that gut trouble is hindering your healing progress and need concrete details about tackling it.
If you’d like to go more in-depth on Step 3: Nourish, check out the “Nutrient Density” section in Chapter 3. This section gives even more detail on the nutrient density guidance that Aglaée shares in this episode.
How to listen:
If you’d like to have our podcasts sent directly to your device, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
If you’d like to download the .mp3, you can do so by following this link.
If you’d like to play the episode right now in your browser, use the player below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:58 Introducing Aglaeée
- Aglaée’s Bio
- Aglaée’s practice: Radicata Nutrition
- Aglaee’s podcast: Real Food Mamas
- Aglaée’s books: Digestive Health with Real Food and Digestive Health with Real Food Cookbook
- 2:35 Aglaée shares about her experience with illness and how it inspired her work
- A South American parasite helped her develop a new compassion for her patient’s struggles!
- 5:40 How Aglaée discovered “Real Food” as an RD
- The lack of results she saw following conventional guidelines with her patients made her start questioning the approach she’d been taught.
- 9:38 Aglaée discusses the shift she sees other RDs making toward “Real Food”
- 10:45 Aglaée talks AIP
- 13:20 What are some specific modifications for gut dysbiosis?
- Aglaée shares her positive mindset approach to elimination diets, “The goal of an elimination diet is not about the food, but to eliminate symptoms!”
- FODMAP stands for Fermentable, Oligo-, Di-, Mono-saccharides And Polyols
- 17:33 Should people remove additional foods if they suspect a FODMAP intolerance?
- Aglaée’s advice is that it is best to work with a practitioner.
- 19:40 What causes FODMAP intolerance?
- Just eliminating foods is not a long-term solution to FODMAP intolerance, as it indicates an underlying imbalance.
- SIBO stands for Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth
- 21:10 Angie gives a special thanks to Aglaée for her awesome FODMAP guide
- 21:45 What are some other dietary modifications to help with uncomfortable symptoms?
- Low Starch
- Low Histamine
- 26:02 Tips for focusing on nutrient density
- 29:44 Aglaée shares new nutrition research she is exploring right now
- 34:20 Outro
Wait–before you go!
If you enjoyed the podcast, would you mind leaving us a review in iTunes? This helps introduce our work to a new audience as we climb the ranks in their system.
The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast is a complimentary resource to our forthcoming book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness. Support us in our mission to revolutionize how autoimmune disease is viewed and treated by pre-ordering your copy today!
Pre-order your copy:
// Barnes & Noble
Check out the previous episode, Episode #6: Step 3: Nourish – Our Stories, and the next episode, Episode #8: Step 4: Rest – Our Stories. For the full podcast archive, click here.
This was very interesting, reinforcing the way I am eating and and making me more aware of some other foods I need to watch. Thank you
Glad you liked it Barbara!
Thanks Barbara! Wishing you well!
[…] previous episode, Episode #5: Titus Chiu, DC on Practitioner Collaboration, and the next episode, Episode #7: Aglaee Jacob, RD on Nourishing Diets. For the full podcast archive, click […]
[…] på egen hand. Jag köpte boken och den är väldigt värdefull i min process. Avsnitt sju är det avsnitt som rör mat, men jag gillar som sagt att lyssna i ordning, och denna podd […]