This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means!
That being said, we only promote authors, products, and services that we wholeheartedly stand by!
Summer is salad season, and I find myself whipping something together with a simple protein and flavorful dressing just about every day for lunch.
This recipe uses a variation of the Autoimmune Protocol compliant “Ranch” dressing found in The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook, except instead of dill and lemon, I use cilantro and lime. It is thick, creamy, and delicious!
If you’ve got a sensitivity to coconut, don’t fret — you can experiment making your own creamy dressing using an avocado blended instead of the coconut concentrate. It won’t be as pretty, but it will taste delicious!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 12 ounces peeled, deveined shrimp
- ½ head romaine, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ green apple, cored and chopped into chunks
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped into chunks
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, for garnish
- ½ cup Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
- Place the coconut oil in the bottom of a skillet on medium heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, saute the shrimp in batches, making sure not to crowd, and cooking for 1-2 minutes or until opaque and fully cooked. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the romaine, grated carrot, green apple, avocado, and cilantro in a large bowl with the shrimp. Arrange, or toss to combine.
- Serve with cilantro-lime ranch dressing.
- ⅓ cup coconut concentrate
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Place all ingredients except for the cilantro in a blender and mix until thoroughly combined. If the dressing is too thick, thin with water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the cilantro and blend for 10 seconds more, or until just combined.
This looks absolutely wonderful. However, I’m totally confused about shrimp. What are the cleanest shrimp to buy?
I like to buy wild-caught shrimp, not farmed. Hope it helps!
How should we store it? Can’t refrigerate it due to the coconut butter…Is it okay on the counter for 5 days?
Hi Kendra, store the dressing in the refrigerator and pull out for an hour or so before using.
[…] and Vinaigrettes Shrimp Salad with Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing (Autoimmune Wellness) Plantain Fries with Ranch (Real Food and Love) Early Spring Salad with […]
Is this stuff the same as coconut concentrate, coconut manna or coconut butter?
Katie, yes that will work!